Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cupcake Puppy Chow

I'm a puppy chow addict. I never make it anymore because I could sit down and eat the entire thing in about an hour. (For those of you who are unfortunately living under a rock, puppy chow or muddie buddies is a chocolate peanut butter chex snack that is highly addictive). For my college roommate's birthday this year, I tried a cupcake puppy chow recipe - which tasted surprisingly like cupcakes!

Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

Ingredients
12 oz white chocolate
6 T butter
3 T milk
5-6 cups rice Chex cereal*
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
SPRINKLES

Directions
  1. Melt butter, white chocolate and milk in a saucepan over medium low heat.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in milk, vanilla and almond extract (use almond extract sparingly and vanilla generously).
  3. Pour white chocolate cereal over Chex cereal and mix.
  4. Pour coated Chex into bag and add 1 1/2c. powdered sugar. Shake until Chex is covered. Add sprinkles.
*next time I'm going to try to corn Chex - as the rice Chex got a little soggy

No comments:

Post a Comment