Friday, June 21, 2013

Ranger Rick Cookies - Happy Father's Day

I'm so so late on this - clasically behind. For Father's Day, we always whip up a batch of some of my dad's favorite goodies. This year, I broke out my grandma's recipe for one of my dad's favorite cookies - Ranger cookies.  In my mind, my grandma called these cookies "Ranger Rick Cookies" for my dad, but apparently I made that up. Anyways, they're sweet and chewy and nutty and crunchy - basically a wonderful cookies, especially as a snack during a hike or kayak session.

Ingredients:
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2+ tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 c. flour
1 c. quick oats
1 c. shredded coconut
2 c. corn flakes
1 c. chopped walnuts

Directions:
  1. Cream butter, sugars and vanilla
  2. Add eggs and beat
  3. Add the dry ingredients and stir unti combined
  4. Drop by the rounded tablespoon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 15 minutes at 350 (rotate pan with 3 minutes left on timer)

No comments:

Post a Comment