Monday, August 19, 2013

Peach Quinoa Breakfast Bowl

I'm on a quinoa craze right now. At first, I was terrified of quinoa. I mean, how do you even say "quinoa" ? As it turns out, it's keen-wah. Regardless, I'm a starch and carb-loving midwesterner at heart. Quinoa wasn't one of my things. Until I tried tabouleh, recipe to follow in weeks to come. Now, I'm on a craze and decided to have it for breakfast with some of our CSA fruits.

Ingredients
1/4 c. quinoa
1/2 c. water
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 peach
hand full of sliced almonds
1 dash cinnamon
1 dash vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk

Directions

  1. Mix quinoa and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes until all of the water is evaporated. 
  2. Fluff quinoa and move to a separate bowl. Mix in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk. Top with fruit and almonds. Enjoy warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment