Thursday, September 25, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Caramel Apple Pie Cupcakes

Please ignore my recent hiatus. Oh my goodness. IT'SFINALLYFALL. I love fall. Fall is my favorite. Maybe. Ok, but I really, really like fall. And, with fall comes apple season! We're getting lots of apples and apple cider from the CSA, and I'm pulling out all the stops with the apple things this year. I figured to start things off, we'd throwback Thursday to a favorite, ridiculously complicated, but definitely worth it recipe - caramel apple pie cupcakes. More specifically, cinnamon cupcakes with apple pie filling, caramel swiss meringue icing and homemade caramel sauce. Yeahhhhhh.


Apples always remind me of my childhood. Growing up, we had a huge apple tree in our yard. My memories are filled with bags and bags of apples all the time. And so much apple pie and apple crisp.




These cupcakes are actually kind of special. Beyond the fact that they are delicious (if there is man-catching food, I think this is it), I made them for my sister and her fiancee's (S) engagement party. Which was so much fun, and I got to make so much food. But, mostly we got to spend the evening meeting the S's friends and family - which was super cool.


Plus, if you can find two people who love apple pie more than those two. Then, well, I should have invited them to the party.


Check here for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment