Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Santa Fe Overview

If you follow me on Instagram or have read any of my last few posts, you may know that I went to Santa Fe for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm pleased to announce that I'm in love with Santa Fe and the South West. Wide, open spaces, green hatch chiles and Georgia O'Keefe. The South West gets me. I also just could not get over all of the orange blue - aka one of my favorite color palettes to ever exist. Here's a little overview of our trip, including the most ridiculous travel arrangements I've ever made.

Day 1: Drive 2 hours to Harrisburg. Drive 1 1/2 hours to Baltimore. Fly to Albuquerque. Drive to Santa Fe. Dinner at Rudy's BBQ.

Day 2: Breakfast at Starbucks (sorry, not sorry). Grocery shopping. Hiking at Bandelier National Monument. Visit the Georgia O'Keefe Museum. Dinner at Tomasita's.

Day 3: Hike Mount Taylor. Delivery pizza from Rooftop Pizzeria.

Day 4: Breakfast at the Plaza Cafe. Hike Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks. Dinner at Blue Corn Brewery.

Day 5: Explored Santa Fe plaza. Dinner at Il Piatto.

This was my first big girl vacation without my parents. I went with my best friend from college and we had the absolute best time. We were lucky enough to stay at my aunt and uncle's condo, which made the trip shockingly and pleasantly affordable. Between the sun, girl time, food, drinks and of course one hell of a summit, I can back blissfully relaxed and dreaming of my next trip to Santa Fe. Hopefully I can go when they're roasting hatch chiles and when I can attempt to summit Baldy. I can't wait for my next big girl vacation. And to tell you more about some of our explorations and meals.




No comments:

Post a Comment