Saturday, January 24, 2015

HELP: I've Spent All Day Looking at Cookbooks

If you don't know me, I'm a cookbook hoarder. I. LOVE. COOKBOOKS. Particularly ones with big, pretty photos. Or ones that are really really old that seem like they have a story to tell.

The vast majority of my Amazon gift cards received for a birthday or Christmas go toward a book of some sort. And to be honest most of the books I purchase are cookbooks.

Can we talk about gift cards for a second? They're such an odd concept to me and I can't exactly articulate why. That said, I'm very glad they exist. I'm the kind of person who puts cash and checks directly in the bank, never to touch them ever again. But the bank doesn't accept gift cards. They adamantly told me so. So a gift card forces me to buy something I actually want. It's kind of genius.

And because I'm very lucky and have some very thoughtful people in my life, I'm the proud owner of not one, not two, but three new cookbooks. GAH. I'm so excited.

Let me just tell you. I bought David Lebovitz's My Paris Kitchen earlier this month and made the pasta and coffee creme brulee. More to come on that later, but it was phenom. I'm seriously lusting over his pictures and life in Paris.


I cannot wait for my other books to come. More, more, to come on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment