Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday Funday: May 4 (& Love 7 Links)

Happy StarWars day! To all my nerdy friends out there (ok, the vast majority of my friends).

Truth: I've never seen StarWars alway the way through. Someone always goes to the hospital, but that's a story for another day.

So much has been going on. SO much. Like I can't even tell you. And I think this is why I haven't written lately. I find it completely overwhelming to even try to tell you.

Guys. We're planting a garden. And I'm getting excited for our CSA.

Love & Links

This is gorgeous. and I can't wait to make it. I might make it for my birthday. I'm a fan of birthday layers.

I'm really into the idea of creating a themed dinner around a movie themed around food. Love this list of food themed movies.

And I might eat some homemade potato chips during that movie. These rosemary ones look so yummy, but I'm also a closet salt and vinegar fan.

I'm totally into homemade ice cream. I've done it twice so far this year and have big plans for this summer, including this ginger ice cream.

One of the only reasons I want to move out and be on my own is so I can be in control of my own meals. I can't wait to do my only grocery shopping. This will so be on my list.

This Slate article on Ruth Wakefield (the inventor of the chocolate chip cookie and one of my heros) totally expands upon everything I know about her and puts her way further on my personal hero list. Lady was a genius.

I just love fresh herbs. If I ever move out there will be herbs everywhere. Everywhere herbs.

I've been hardcore craving BLTs lately. I don't know if its because its almost summer aka the time when tomatoes actually taste good or what, but this one look so good - but perhaps I'll sub out chipotle mayo for sriracha (there's too many r's in this word).

No comments:

Post a Comment