Friday, August 31, 2012

Grilled Chicken Hummus Wrap

My second week working in the city I went to eat lunch with a coworker to a small restaurant in Midtown where I had the best wrap  and hummus I've ever had. Nanoosh's grilled chicken hummus wrap is literally one of the best things I've ever had. A warm whole wheat wrap, creamy yummy hummus, crunchy onions and organic greens and perfectly cooked chicken. Since I can't spend $10 for lunch every day, I tried to make my own.

Ingredients
1 c. chopped grilled chicken
1/4 c. diced onions
2 T. sliced green onions
2 t. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 T. hummus
1 whole wheat wrap (I think Nanoosh uses a pita, but all I had were tortillas...)
1 c. greens (I only had lettuce)

Directions

  1. Place oil in a small fry pan over medium heat. Lightly saute onions and scallions (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper
  2. Spread 2 T. hummus on wrap. Spread onions and scallions. Top with chicken and greens. Wrap. Eat.









No comments:

Post a Comment