Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Breakfast Tostada

I LOVE breakfast sandwiches. I don't know if you know this yet, but I do. If I wasn't mildly (always) concerned about my cholesterol level, I might eat them every day for every meal for the rest of forever. Or until I got bored.

Which I do. Which is why I made this oh so yummy breakfast tostada. It's a crunchy, yummy open face breakfast sandwich, and would have been great with some pico de gallo - next time!



Ingredients:
1 corn tortilla
2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices onion, diced
3 slices red bell pepper, diced
1 slice ham, diced
1 egg
1/2 avocado, sliced
a few Tbsp olive oil

Directions:

  1. Fry tortilla in a little bit of oil until golden brown. Top with cheddar cheese.
  2. Saute onion and bell pepper 5ish minutes, until soft (or to taste). Add ham at the last minute to warm it up.
  3. Top tortilla and cheese with onion, bell pepper ham mixture. Fry egg over-medium (this is up to you - I put a lid on my pan to cook the top of the egg without frying it and keeping it still slightly runny.
  4. Top tostada with avocado, egg and salt and pepper. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment